Riverside DUI Attorney
Riverside DUI Case Results
The attorneys at The Law Offices of Thomas Wallin have been effectively defending individuals charged with driving under the influence for over 15 years. Mr. Wallin has defended hundreds of adults and juveniles in Riverside charged with DUI, earning a perfect 10/10 score on attorney rating website Avvo. The firm is well-respected in the field DUI defense, and as a former Riverside County Public Defender, Mr. Wallin has established relationships with judges and District Attorneys in the area. Whether this is a first time drunk driving arrest or if you have prior convictions on your criminal record, a
Riverside DUI attorney from the firm will pursue an exoneration or dismissal of the charges if at all possible, as well as any form of alternative sentencing to shield you from the full penalties of a conviction.
DUI Lawyer in Riverside: Case Results
Some examples of drunk-driving cases the firm has successfully represented on behalf of its clients include:
- Second Offense DUI - Reduced to Wet Reckless, no jail time and no alcohol program
- First Offense DUI with .13% BAC - Reduced to Wet Reckless, no jail time, low fine and no alcohol program
- First Offense DUI - Not-guilty verdict at jury trial
- Fourth Offense DUI - Kept it to a misdemeanor with alternative sentence with no actual jail time
- First Offense DUI with .17% BAC - Won DMV hearing, license reinstated and no suspension
- Third Offense DUI with .13% BAC - No jail time
- Second Offense DUI with .17% BAC - Case dismissed
- First Offense DUI with .15% BAC - Won DMV hearing
- First Offense DUI with .18% BAC - Reduced to Drunk in Public, no jail time , no fine and no probation
- Reckless Driving - Reduced to loud exhaust infraction, no points on record and no probation
- Misdemeanor Hit and Run & Battery - Reduced to PC 415 infraction of Disturbing the Peace with a $25 fine
- Misdemeanor Speed Contest - Reduced to a loud exhaust infraction
- Third Offense DUI with Enhancements - Reduced to Wet Reckless with no jail time
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs and Child Endangerment - School bus driver, charged Health and Safety Code Section 11550, with mandatory 90 days jail, for an accident with kids on school bus, tested positive for methamphetamine, oxycodone and marijuana; jury trial with the result of a hung jury
- Misdemeanor Speed Contest - Reduced to infraction and allowed to take traffic school
- DUI - Jury trial, accepted offer of Reckless Driving with no alcohol involved
- First Offense DUI with .23% BAC - Reduced to Drunk in Public
- Second Offense DUI - Dismissed
SAN BERNARDINO DUI CASE RESULTS
- Lake Arrowhead, Contractor, .16/.15 Breath - No Front Plate/Expired Tags - Case reduced to Wet Reckless, No license suspension from conviction, no jail time, no community service, no work release. DUI Conviction would have resulted in potential loss of contractor's license.
- Yucaipa case, under 21, dispatch to collision with parked car, PAS test .071, Breath results of .07, DUI charges dismissed, entered plea to dry reckless resulting in $1452.00 fine and 3 years informal probation – no subsequent license suspension, no required alcohol program.
- San Bernardino CHP case, radar at 85 mph, PAS results of .095% and .097%, blood results of .07%, administrative set aside through DMV, DUI Dismissed. Entered plea to infraction vc 22350 with $490 total fine. Travels between Canada and US with dual residency – saved any potential issues with crossing the border.
- Drunk in public and petty theft case out of Big Bear – case dismissed after completion of 60 hours of community service. Client is in process of acquiring EMT license and a conviction would have severely crippled his career path.
- 1st offense out of Redlands - .125% pas, .12/.12 Breath, ran stop sign – DUI Dismissed – entered plea to wet reckless. No additional fine, no requirement of community service, work release or jail time.
2nd offense out of San Bernardino, stopped for weaving – prior out of Napa from 2011, .203/.203 pas, .23 blood, entered plea to 1st offense with normal DUI terms. No work release, no jail time, no community service.
2nd offense Rancho Cucamonga case with collision, .20 blood – entered plea to 1st offense with no jail time, no work release and no community service.
- Big Bear Drunk in Public – case dismissed
- Rancho Cucamonga Public Intoxication – case dismissed
- 1st offense .16/.16 breath, driving with high beams, speeding, drifting – DUI dismissed – entered plea to wet reckless, DMV hearing set aside – client did not suffer any license suspension.
2nd offense San Bernardino case with separate 14601 case, 14601 case completely dismissed, no jail time, admit and reinstate on prior, base fine for a 1st offense, 3 years of informal probation.
- 14601.2 San Bernardino case, license suspended because of DUI, driving on suspended license charge dismissed, no jail, entered plea to 12500 infraction, no points on driving record.
- San Bernardino 1st offense, client was a nurse who faced a suspension by the board, .120/.121 PAS, .11 Blood, dispatch to collision – entered plea to wet reckless.
- Chino 1st offense, client in nursing school – speeding and weaving - .118/.104 PAS, .11 Blood – entered plea to wet reckless.
Fill out the free case evaluation today so that an attorney from the firm can review your situation and determine the most effective strategy for fighting the charges you face. Every case is unique, and there is no guarantee of results, but you can greatly improve your chances of success by taking action now.
If you have been charged with drinking and driving, contact a Riverside DUI lawyer
with a proven track record of getting results for people in your position.